Remy Nelson, LMHC, NCC, CCMHC
Remy Nelson is a licensed mental health counselor and a supervisor in mental health counseling. He is the owner and founder of Empowered Life Counseling, Inc. Remy’s past challenges and his work with others in challenging situations compelled him to create Empowered Life Counseling. He is at best a student of life and of his clients, as he explores how to best care for them.
Prior to becoming a psychotherapist, Remy was a hospice chaplain for 16 years. Applying his past experience to his therapy practice Remy brings a unique perspective and set of skills. He is uniquely qualified to handle challenges with anxiety, depression, grief, and relationship issues.
Education & Credentials
- Master of Education in Mental Health Counseling: Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL
- Master of Divinity: Lutheran Seminary at Philadelphia.
- LMHC: Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Certifications & Memberships
- National Board for Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC)
- American Counseling Association Member (ACA)
Individuals come to therapy with different needs, so different approaches are used with different individuals. Remy’s approaches to therapy include Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT), EMDR, Hypnotherapy and Motivational Interviewing.